You might be wondering what are the various IPS servers that Sun is supporting, what ever you are a free user of OpenSolaris, or a registered user requiring professional support on OpenSolaris, on HA Cluster, on the Sun Web Stack or the GlassFish Web Space Server.
So let’s review the various IPS server we do have actually:
- https://pkg.sun.com/opensolaris/extra here you’ll access to the OpenSolaris extra software repository
- https://pkg.sun.com/opensolaris/ha-cluster here you’ll Access to the Open HA Cluster 2009.06 software repository
If you have bought support from Sun, you’ll then have access to (you’ll receive a key and a certificate to access them)
- https://pkg.sun.com/opensolaris/support here you’ll access to all available fixes from the OpenSolaris support repository. This is for people having OpenSolaris in production
- https://pkg.sun.com/layered/webstack/1/support here you’ll access to all available fixes and add-on packages from the GlassFish Web Stack support repository
- https://pkg.sun.com/webspace/10/support here you’ll access to all available fixes and add-on packages from the GlassFish Web Space Server support repository
There are many other IPS servers, not supported by Sun, that you can use to download OpenSource software. Be aware that not all softwares are available in IPS format (latest Adobe reader from Adobe, latest NVidia drivers, …).